- 1983 – High-school graduation
- 1984-1988 – Studies at Babeş-Bolyai University (Romania), German and Hungarian Department;
- 1990-1993 – Studies for doctorate in Budapest. Topic: German Literature from Transylvania
- 1993 – Supported the doctoral work with the ‘suma cum laude’ distinction
- 1994 – Sylff grant (Tokio, Japan), promoted in the position as university lecturer at the Eötvös Loránd University in Budapest.
- – Responsible editor for the Scientific Annual ‘Jahrbuch der ungarischen Germanistik’
- 1997 – Chosen as member of the enlarged Committee of the Hungarian Scientific Academy and secretary of the Mixed Committee for Literature of the Hungarian Academy and Austrian Scientific Academy
- 1998 – Obtained the Roman-Herzog scholarship of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation of Bonn. Mediaeval examinations
- 1999 – ‘Bolyai János’ Premium-Scholarship of the Hungarian Scientific Academy for the topic ‘Hungarian-German Literature Relationships from the Middle-Age’
- 2001 – In the summer semester visiting professor at the University in Eichstätt/German Federal Republic
- 2004 – Named as University Professor at the German Federal Republic Professorship for South-East European German Literature at Babes-Bolyai University Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
- 2007-8 – Holds courses at the University in Gießen about South-East European German Literature
- - Organize and accredit the master degree for one, respectively for two years with the title: ‘South-East European Literature’ at UBB Cluj
- 2012 – Obtained the title doctor habilited at the ELTE Budapest. Topic: German literature in Southeast of Europe
- 2013 – Senior fellow at the german-speaking, multinational Andrassy-University in Budapest
- 2015 – Foundation of the international Admoni-PhD-school with the Humboldt-University Berlin, Bratislava, ELTE Budapest, BBU Cluj
5 books, about 30 edited books and more than 100 articles in international books and reviews:
Balogh F. András: Herta Müller útja a Nobel-díjig. Kismonográfia. [The way from Herta Müller to the Nobel prise] Budapest: Littera Nova 2011 (= Magister Könyvek 8). 138 S.
Balogh F. András: Német-magyar irodalmi együttélések a Kárpát-medencében. [German-hungarian literary relations in the Carpatian basin – in hungarian] Budapest: Argumentum 2009. 205 pag.
András F. Balogh: Studien zur deutschen Literatur Südosteuropas. [Studies about the german literature in Southeast Europa – in german] Cluj-Napoca/Klausenburg: Universitätsverlag, Heidelberg: Arbeitskreis für Siebenbürgische Landeskunde 2008. (= Klausenburger Beiträge zur Germanistik, Bd. 3) 232 pag.
Az erdélyi szász irodalom magyarságképe. [The image from the hungarianas in the german literature form Transsylvania – in hungarian] Budapest: Littera Nova 1996. 171 pag.
András F. Balogh: Ideea alterităţii în literatura germană din spațiul Carpatic. [the idea form the alterity in the german literature of the Carpatian space – in romanian] Cluj-Napoca/Klausenburg: Universitätsverlag 2010. 274 pag.