Position: professor, KFPP
Employer: Charles University, Prague, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics
- 1971 - Graduated from Charles University, specialization in Electronics and Vacuum Physics
- 1972 - RNDr . - MFF UK
- 1982 - PhD. - MFF UK, Experimental Physics
- 1996 - Doc . - Charles University, majoring in Physics, Branch of Study Plasma Physics
- 1996 - DSc . - MFF UK, Plasma Physics
- 2004 - Prof. - MFF UK, Plasma Physics
- Work Experience and Positions:
- 1971 - to date - employed at the Faculty
- 1996 - 1999 - Head of the Department of Electronics and Vacuum Physics
- 1999 - 2005 - Associate Dean for Physics
- 2005 - 2012 - Dean of the Faculty
- 2012 - 2014 - Vice Dean for Development
- 1986 - Commemorative Medal of Charles University, 2nd degree
- 1987 - Commemorative Medal ASCR
- 1999 - member of the team that won the ASCR
- 2001 - Gagarin Medal of the Russian Federation of Cosmonautics
- 2005 - Commemorative Medal of Charles University 1st degree
- 2006 - Chairman of GACR project award
- 2014 - Commemorative Medal of Charles University
Memberships in International Organisations
The American Geophysical Union, The European Geophysical Union AOGS, SCOSTEP
Memberships in Professional Organisations
- Member of Sub-Advisory Commission 205 GACR, Earth Sciences and Space (2004-2008)
- Panel member 209 GACR, Earth Sciences and Space (2012 - present)
- President of the Commission for Evaluating Results, R&D Council
- Chairman of the Committee for Evaluation of Institutes of the Academy of Sciences of the Earth
- Member of the Czech Committee Task Force for Cooperation with ESA
- Committee Chairman PRODEX (20012 -present)
- Member of the Czech Committee SCOSTEP (2000-present)
In addition to lecturing, led 15 theses and instructed (or still instructs) 11 PhD students, 9 of which successfully completed their studies, Chairman of the Doctoral Council Physics, member of The Committee for the State examinations, member of The Doctoral Committee Physics of Plasma and Ionized Media, member of The Committee for the State Doctoral Examination in the field of Plasma Physics and Ionized Environments.
Directions in Research
magnetospheric physics, relations Sun – Earth, complex plasma
Publishing and Research Work
More than 50 invited papers at conferences (participation in 350 other papers), co-author of 12 book chapters, member of the organizing committees or sections organiser of several international conferences (COSPAR, AOGS, WPM), principal investigator or co-investigator of 43 grant projects (18 of which as principal investigator), reviews for major magazines. Has published 208 articles in journals, which have so far had 1,065 responses (excluding self-citations) .
Most Important Publications in the Last 5 Years
 Nemecek, Z; Safrankova, J; Goncharov, O; Prech, L; Zastenker, GN, Ion scales of quasi-perpendicular low-Mach-number interplanetary shocks, Geophys. Res. Lett., 40 (16), 4133–4137, 2013, doi:10.1002/grl.50814.
 Safrankova, J; Nemecek, Z; Prech, L; Zastenker, GN, Ion kinetic scale in the solar wind observed, Phys. Rev. Lett.,110 (2), Art. No. 025004 (5 pages), 2013, doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.110.025004.
 Samsonov, AA; Nemecek, Z; Safrankova, J; Jelinek, K, Why does the subsolar magnetopause move sunward for radial interplanetary magnetic field? J. Geophys. Res., 117 (A05), Art. No. A05221 (13 pages), 2012, doi:10.1029/2011JA017429.
 Richterova, I; Nemecek, Z; Beranek, M; Safrankova, J; Pavlu, J, Secondary emission from non-spherical dust grains with rough surfaces: Application to lunar dust, Astrophys. J., 761 (2), Art. No. 108 (5 pages), 2012, doi:10.1088/0004-637X/761/2/108.
 Nemecek, Z; Pavlu, J; Safrankova, J; Beranek, M; Richterova, I; Vaverka, J; Mann, I, Lunar dust grain charging by electron impact: Dependence of the surface potential on the grain size, Astrophys. J., 738 (1), Art. No. 14 (7 pages), 2011.